Inspiring Me Now

  • "The Purpose of Life is to Be Happy" Dalai Lama

February 4, 2013

A Lover's Dream


Memories play in repeat when I close my sad reddened eyes
I thought our days and nights together would be marked with clear blue skies

But the winds of change, they blew fierce one day
Unkindly leaving me scared and marked along their way

And now I'm left scrubbing off the bits of blood and dirt
hoping this clean, warm water will somehow ease my hurt

My heart, it's still so heavy, but my mind remains quite clear
You simply cannot walk to a future if your path remains paved in fear

So I continue to search for something to ease my troubled mind
Because it seems these lonely days are only whittled away by time

Therefore I write and I read and listen to song
Trying to forget my hope that someday you might come along

You'd leave your worries and cares and your questions in the past
You'd come back to me promising a love like ours could last and last

You'd take my willing hand and they're we would be
Two lovers gazing ahead, bright futures all we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment